How to make an appointment
To make an appointment, please call (03) 9928 6188.
Once your appointment has been scheduled you will receive a confirmation email.
What are your business hours?
8.30am to 5.00pm , Monday – Friday
What to bring
- Referral letter from your Doctor (GP or Specialist). To be eligible to claim your rebate from Medicare you MUST have a valid referral letter. A referral from a GP is valid for 12 months and referral from specialist to specialist is only valid for 3 months
- X–rays, MRIs, CTs scans you have related to your condition (FILMS PREFERRED and any associated reports)
- Any other additional information which may be relevant e.g. previous treatment and/or operation reports, physio progress report, list of current medications
- Payment – which is required on the day of consultation
- Medicare and private health fund card, DVA, pension card if applicable
- Compensable claims
If you are a Work Cover patient:
- Claim number
- Work cover agent
- Case manager contact details
- Employer contact details
If you are a TAC patient:
- Claim number
When to arrive
Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment. This is so we can collate your file and ensure all paperwork is filled in correctly.
Do I need to book an appointment?
Yes. Our surgeons see patients by appointment only.
Do I need a referral?
Do I need to pay for a visit on the day?
If you are a private patient then yes, we do require payment on the day. You will be given a receipt for Medicare to claim your rebate. Rebate is $72.75 for the initial consultation and $36.55 for subsequent consultations.
If you are a Work Cover or TAC patient, you must bring your claim number with you (and all other appropriate documents), otherwise you will be billed on the day. A receipt will be provided for you to claim reimbursement from Work Cover.
How can I pay?
Acceptable payment methods include:
- Credit card (Visa and MasterCard)
Do we have a cancellation policy?
Yes. If you need to cancel your appointment please let us know as soon as possible so we can offer this appointment to another patient who needs treatment. If you cancel your appointment within 24 hours you will be billed an administration fee. Please note: there is no rebate from Medicare for cancellation fees.
How long does an appointment take?
Initial appointments are allocated 20 minutes. If there are multiple issues please inform the secretary when booking an appointment so that time can be allocated accordingly.
Follow up appointments are allocated 10 minutes.
Our surgeons endeavor to keep to schedule but may run late due to unforeseen circumstances. Your understanding is appreciated.
Does private health insurance cover my appointment?
No. Private health insurance covers admissions to hospital and in-hospital treatment only.